Laws and Regulations
Reporting on the Status of Trafficking in Women in Accordance with Article 6 of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women: Guidelines on the Interpretation of the Text of Article 6 of the Convention (The Protection Project)
UNODC Anti-Human Trafficking Manual for Criminal Justice Practitioners – the result of a global cooperative process in which expert representatives from academia, NGOs, international organizations, law enforcement officers, prosecutors and judges from all over the world contributed their expertise and experiences.
- Module 1: Definition Of Trafficking In Persons And Smuggling Of Migrants
- Module 2: Indicators Of Trafficking In Persons
- Module 3: Psychological Reaction Of Victims Of Trafficking In Persons
- Module 4: Control Methods In Trafficking In Persons
- Module 5: Risk Assessment In Trafficking In Persons Investigations
- Module 6: International Cooperation In Trafficking In Persons Cases
- Module 7: Crime Scene And Physical Evidence Examinations In Trafficking In Persons Investigations
- Module 8: Interviewing Victims Of Trafficking In Persons Who Are Potential Witnesses
- Module 9: Interviewing Child Victims Of Trafficking In Persons
- Module 10: Interpreters In Trafficking In Persons Investigations
- Module 11: Victims’ Needs In Criminal Justice Proceedings In Trafficking In Persons Cases
- Module 12: Protections And Assistance To Victims-Witnesses In Trafficking In Persons Cases
- Module 13: Compensation For Victims Of Trafficking In Persons
- Module 14: Considerations In Sentencing In Trafficking In Persons Cases
Lawyers Manual on Human Trafficking- New York State (Supreme Court of the State of New York PDF)
Needs Assessment Toolkit on the Criminal Justice Response to Human Trafficking – UNODC manual to provide comprehensive guidance for assessing the criminal justice response to trafficking in persons in a given State.
Transnational Legal Responses to Illegal Trade in Human Beings – by Dr. Mohamed Y. Mattar
100 Best Practices in Combating Trafficking in Persons: The Role of Civil Society (The Protection Project)
The Protection Project Legal Library
- International Conventions
- U.S. Anti-Trafficking Legislation
- World Anti-Trafficking
- Human Rights Model Laws and Action Plans
Cases and Case Law
Meeting the Legal Needs of Human Trafficking Victims: An Introduction for Domestic Violence Attorneys & Advocates (PDF, ABA) – part of a collaborative effort by several ABA entities aiming to provide attorneys with leadership and training to better represent victims of human trafficking.
Human Trafficking Law Project (HTLP) Database – the first publicly available database of human trafficking cases within the United States. The HTLP helps strengthen anti-trafficking laws in the United States and supports government officials, law enforcement, and practitioners who are working on behalf of human trafficking victims.